Visit Australia to participate in a course of study.
- You need to be enrolled in a course of study in Australia
- Applicant must hold Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Applicant must be 6 years or older
- A minor applicant must prove their guardianship arrangement
- Applicant must meet GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) Criteria to demonstrate that they have genuine intentions of temporary stay in Australia
Dependent Work Rights
- The spouse of a student can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight
- If the student is studying at a Masters or Phd level, spouse can work full-time once the student starts their main course.
Post study work rights
- Graduates who have completed a Bachelor degree or Masters by coursework degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a two year post-study work visa
- Graduates who have completed a Masters by research degree or a Doctoral degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa for three or four years respectively.
- Other students may be eligible to apply for the Temporary Skilled Graduate [subclass 485] visa. The subclass 485 visa is a temporary visa that allows an 18 month stay to work in Australia
- The spouse and children of a student can accompany them to Australia if the student’s course duration is 12 months or longer.
Minor Students OR Under 18 Students
Usually, International students studying in Australia on a student visa will require a guardian if they are under 18 years of age.
The following condition(s) might be attached to this visa:
Note: Please make sure you understand conditions attached to your student visa. If in doubt please get in touch with our team and ask for explanation to avoid surprises later on.
Click below to get a free assessment: