PTE Academic’s measure of success is its increasing popularity among the international students. PTE Academics is creating great opportunities for the students, who want to study abroad. Test centres are booked five days a week. Easy availability of test dates and a more flexible test context is making it the first choice of the students. It delivers results much faster than any other test, which is great advantage for students in a hurry.
Visiting a foreign country is easiest now compared to anytime in the past.
The test is the alternative to currently accepted international English language testing system (IELTS) and occupational English test (OET).
The fast flexible secure and the accurate testing system has broken the monopoly of IDP IELTS and IELTS BRITISH COUNCIL.
The test will allow intending migrants more opportunities as they now have more options of giving English language proficiency tests.
PTE Academic is striving hard to expand its network of test centres.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PTE
- The test provides an accurate measure of a test taker’s English language proficiency to ensure success in courses and active participation in university and college level education.
- PTE Academics uses a variety of integrated skills item types for assessing the language skills.
- PTE Academic is a computer based test that is delivered through secure network of test centres.
- All PTE Academic items are machine scored.
- Some item types are scored as either correct or incorrect, while others as partially correct or incorrect.
- The test scores are valid for up to two years from your test date.
- Overall score is based on your performance on all test items. The score range for the overall score is 10-90 points.
- The six-level framework describes language proficiency grouped into three bands : A1-A2 (basic users), B1-B2 (independent user), C1-C2 (proficient user)
- Test your equipment before the test begins. The equipment provided includes a headset with a microphone, keyboard and mouse.
- During the test if you click on ‘next’ button without giving a response, a warning will appear. Click ‘NO’ to return and complete the item. Click ‘yes’ to skip the item and move to the next screen.
- Items with an audio or video prompt require you to listen to the whole recording. If you click ‘next’ while the audio or video is playing, you will hear a warning message. Click ‘OK’ to return to the item.
- Use correct punctuation for writing tasks.
- Keep strictly with the word limit given for writing tasks
- Respond quickly and keep speaking during speaking tasks. The microphone will close after three seconds of silence and stop recording.
- Don’t click ‘next’ before you have completed the task and are ready to move on.
- If you experience any problem during the test, remain in your seat and raise your hand for assistance.
- After completing the test, remember to collect ‘test confirmation printout’ from the test administrator.
- Each recording are played only once. You make notes using the erasable notebook booklet and pen, and use those notes as a guide when answering the items.
- Refer to the timer in the upper right -hand corner.
- You must be at least 16 years old to take the test.